Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Chaos

And everyone was confused to where they will put me. I applied for Masters in Science in Public Health major in Epidemiology, with my technical background and the nature of my job epidemiology was the best fit for me, but wait according to my entrance examination I am best suited to take higher medical specialties. So the so called "MD-PhD's" and "MD-Dr.Phil's" , "RN-PhD's" and "RN-Dr.Phil's" started to debate where to place me. Obviously they can't place me in Masters in the Science of Nursing (MSN) and worse Masters in the Arts of Nursing (MAN), I would wreak more havoc in these graduate specialties, and so they cut down on the graduate studies which mostly are dedicated for MD license holders. Obviously I can't be placed in Masters in Internal Medicine, I don't have the surgical subject background to slice a man open, I can be placed in Masters in the Science of Health Education but according to the nature of my job I don't do teaching, I can be placed in Health Facility Management but I am not working in a hospital setting, I can be placed in Asian Health Practices but I again I am not familiar with the herbology and all those alternative medicine like acupressure and worse wait until you experience my acupuncture style because it will really justify the word "PUNCTURE", ah the final verdict: Tropical Medicine, but again I am not an MD, this is a specialization. Public Health major in Epidemiology, okay they discussed it already that I am out of that course.

My entrance exam tells them that I am suited for any medical specialty course, but what kind of specialty? What is that nesting place that will best suite me as a person and as a professional?I sat there and smiled and ponder on the chaos that I caused, the headache that I brought to these poor post graduate nurses and doctors, they must need to take the pill after the evaluation process.

So I broke the history of medical science as the only engineer who jumped over to this part of the scientific world, I said to myself, hey why not? Wait until they know my history they will be shocked!

No comments: