Monday, June 6, 2011

Meddling the with the Neighbor

I am the only non-health professional in my graduate course, and my classmates are all doctors. While they have a suffix MD after their surname, I on the other hand got a prefix Engr. before my name. Everyone was looking at me like I am a "Transcended Genius", a man who came from such a very technical field full of calculus, mathematical logic and all those gruesome "y=axtb" or "log (e^y+x=x^y+e^x)" kind of languages and then all of a sudden jumped to a specialized field of "bubonic plaque is caused by Yesernia pestis" or "Diarrhea is a bodily defensive mechanism that is supposed to expel germs from the intestine" kind of logic.

But whats the difference? If they are doctors then I am an engineer. I mean, we stand equal, I made the drugs and they prescribed it. Would it not also be fair if those who made it also has the right to prescribed it? We know the medicine better up to the molecular level, they are just limited to the macroscopic level. But then they look to me as if I am an alien life form, smart yet inferior. Something to be scared about, something to be intimidated with and something to hate. The program coordinator, who acts like his the king of the world entertains me with less enthusiasm (his and RN and a PhD) compared to one of the faculty who is a MD, MPSH, MPH, MSTM and PhD, he hovers around me like I am a very rare specimen in a zoology subject. I love to keep a very low profile to the faculty, I don't want them to know who I am linked with.

I am still paranoid with parasitology and this thing called Patho-Physiology, sounds so alien to me than Katy Perry's music video's E.T., Anyway this can be a new frontier in my life and to whatever be the outcome of this track I am heading all I can say is:

"Okay Here Goes Nothing!"

No comments: